DEVOTIONALS TO SUPPORT THE HOUSEHOLD
Each of us have different believes and with deep sincerity, my goal is not to impose upon you my views or get you to change your mind about what you feel or think about yours. With that in mind, ALL I KNOW IS DURING MY OWN AUTISM JOURNEY WITH JAYSON, I COULD NOT HAVE GONE THROUGH IT OR MADE IT THIS FAR WITHOUT GOD BEING IN THE CENTER OF IT ALL!
Prayer is how we communicate with God. It’s a personal, individual conversation you have with your Heavenly Father. Isaiah 43:26 says “Put me in remembrance; let us argue together; set forth your case, that you may be proved right.” God clearly says to remind Him of His word, His promises. That is what we do when we use a bible verse…we are putting Him in remembrance of His promises. Below are devotionals that you can incorporate into your daily prayers. If your child is unable to use the below noted prayer points, declare those scriptures over him/her.
Scriptures reminds of several things:
1) Our Father’s promises are YES and AMEN all to His glory as noted in II Corinthians 1:20 says “For all the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, to the glory of God through us.”
2) That we should continually pray as stated in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” and
3) Though there are times during those moments when we pray and pray and it feels like God is not listening or not answering us, we need to be patient and while being patient, we need to be joyful during the journey without showing anger or frustration but rather asking Him for the grace, resilience and steadfastness through it all, Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
As we patiently wait for His promises to manifest, we will continue to educate ourselves and provide our children with all available rehabilitative services and medical therapies rec commended by license healthcare professionals. I pray these devotionals bless you and your children in a mighty way!
For the child
PSALM 139:14 “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that fully well”.
THEME “I AM IN GOD’S AGENDA” Exaltation from the above text, David the Psalmist was just trying to make us understand that no one on earth is irrelevant.. You have been created in the image of God. Look at yourself and envisage God’s image because He took His time to form you in a wonderful and fearful manner. So no matter the situation that you are passing through whether autism or any other challenge, you still have a great role to play in God’s agenda! Stop looking down on yourself, stop being intimidated by the abilities of others and remember that life is a race and everyone is on his/her own track. In the stride for nation building, you have a very great role to play because even in disability there is ability. In Luke 11:23 “whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.” Jesus likens that infirmity to a mountain and appeals to us that we believe and call upon His power and you will be free. I see you healed from that affliction already in JESUS MIGHTY NAME!
PRAYER POINTS :
(1) PSALM 139:14 “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well”; OH GOD MY FATHER! I PRAISE AND WORSHIP YOU FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME BECAUSE YOU SAID IN YOUR WORD IN PSALM 150:6 “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord”, let everything that has breath praise the Name of the Lord. I thank you for the air that I breathe no matter the challenge of autism in Jesus mighty Name!
(2) PSALM 103:17 “But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children”; OH LORD! I CALL UPON YOUR MERCY AND GRACE TO DELIVER ME IN THIS SEASON FROM WHATEVER WRONG OR FAULT COMMITTED BY MYSELF OR GENERATION IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME.
(3) ISAIAH 53:4 “Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.”; MY FATHER MY MAKER; I CALL OUT ANY SPIRIT OF INFIRMITY OR SICKNESS AND WEAKNESS IN MY BODY AND EVEN THE SPIRIT OF DELAY IN THE NAME OF JESUS AND WE SEND IT BACK TO THE DRY PLACES WHERE THEY ARE COMING FROM. I COVER MYSELF IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS!
For the father
A man in the crowd answered, “Teacher, I brought you my son, who is possessed by a spirit that has robbed him of speech. 18 Whenever it seizes him, it throws him to the ground. He foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth and becomes rigid. I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not.” 19 “You unbelieving generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.” 20 So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. He fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth. 21 Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?” “From childhood,” he answered. 22 “It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.” 23 “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” 24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” 25 When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the impure spirit. “You deaf and mute spirit,” he said, “I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.” 26 The spirit shrieked, convulsed him violently and came out. The boy looked so much like a corpse that many said, “He’s dead.” 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up.
THEME ” LORD HELP MY UNBELIEF“ This bible story is of a father who brings his son afflicted with a seizure disorder, muteness and deafness to Jesus. This father’s bold step to carry his child to Jesus was such a commendable step to take when going through such a situation. Is your child diagnosed with autism? You should take him/her to a healthcare institution, which is perfectly fine, you can take him/her to rehabilitation services where his/her abilities can be developed and worked on, but truth be told there is nothing compared to the healing power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. . Why is it imperative to take the child to God? Simple, He is the creator and deliverer as he articulates in Luke 4:18 ” “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,” the essence of Jesus’s mission here on earth is to liberate those that have been held captive by evil spirits. It is not God’s intention for your child to suffer from any sort of infirmity. His intention is very clear in Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” His thoughts for us are for good….meaning that it is not God’s will for any of His children to be afflicted with pain. But looking at verses 19 and 23 of our root text, the Healer reiterated on this very important food for thought that what is required for a complete healing, is FAITH. As a father to your child who has been victimized by the wicked spirit of autism, I urge you not to lose your hope and faith. Believe and see your son/daughter healed and declare it then be rest assured that you will certainly testify the same way the man in Mark 9:17-23 testified. God bless you!
(1) MARK 9:23-24; IN THE NAME OF JESUS, FATHER I CALL UPON THE SPIRIT OF FAITH TO BE REACTIVATED IN MY SPIRIT TO ELIMINATE EVERY MARK OF UNBELIEF, DOUBT, DISCOURAGEMENT AND HOPELESSNESS. I see my child already healed from this moment in Jesus Mighty Name!!
(2) LUKE 9:25“What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?”; BY REASON OF GOD’s AUTHORITY VESTED ON ME , I COMMAND THAT EVIL AND FOUL SPIRIT OF AUTISM TO LEAVE MY CHILD NOW IN THE MIGHT NAME OF JESUS!! You dumb and deaf spirit I charge you to come out and enter no more into (child’s name).
(3) PSALM 138:8 “The Lord will vindicate me; Lord do not abandon the works of your hands. MY FATHER MY MAKER, I AM FULLY PERSUADED THAT THE PRESENT STATE OF (CHILD’S NAME) IS NOT YOUR PERFECT WILL FOR (CHILD’S NAME) THEREFORE LORD I CALL UPON THE ANOINTING OF GOD FROM HEAVEN TO QUENCH EVERY SPIRIT OF IMPEDIMENT AND DISABILITY UPON (CHILD’S NAME) LIFE AND I USHER (CHILD’S NAME) INTO THE NEW STATE OF PERFECTION NOW IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME!!!! I COVER MY FAMILY AND HOUSEHOLD IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS!
For the mother
ISAIAH 8:18 “Here am I, and the children the Lord has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel from the Lord Almighty, who dwells on Mount Zion”
THEME “MY CHILDREN ARE FOR SIGNS AND WONDERS” Napoleon Bonaparte said “impossibility is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.” Just for the record, no matter what your child is going through in the name of autism, I want you to believe that God has designed him/her for signs and wonders . If you believe that, then shout a loud AMENNN!!!!. Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” This verse says before God formed you. He already knew you and ordained you as a prophet unto the nations meaning that He did not predestine your child to remain in the difficult state in which he/she is in now, but He has created him/ her for signs and wonders. Just keep loving him/her, speaking positive words to your child and above all as a mother continue to see him/her already as a great person because that’s the starting point of faith. God bless you!
(1) JEREMIAH 29:10 “This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place.” MY GOD IN HEAVEN! MANY HAVE SAID THAT YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN ME AS A RESULT OF THE PERSISTENCE OF THIS ATTACK ON (CHILD’S NAME), BUT LORD I DECLARE THIS SEASON AS A TIME OF OUR REMEMBRANCE IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME. Remember my child for healing, breakthrough, favor and divine assistance.
(2) 1 CORINTHIANS 12:9 “to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,” LORD!!! I CALL UPON THE ANOINTING OF HEALING NOW UPON THE BODY OF (CHILD’S NAME) TO MELT EVERY AFFLICTION OF AUTISM AND I SEND THAT EVIL SPIRIT DETAINING (CHILD’S NAME) BACK TO THE BOTTOMLESS PIT IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS.
(3) LUKE 10:19 “I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.” MY FATHER, MY MAKER I USE THE AUTHORITY OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS GIVEN TO ME ON THE CROSS AND ANNUL EVERY SATANIC STRONGHOLD OPERATING IN THE LIFE OF (CHILD’S NAME) AND I COMMAND THE SPIRIT OF AUTISM TO PARK IT’S BAG THIS MOMENT AND GO IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS.
(4) HEBREWS 11:1 “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” LORD ! I ALREADY SEE THE SUBSTANCE OF YOUR HEALING POWER OVER (CHILD’S NAME), I THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME. I COVER MY FAMILY IN BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST!
By Desmond Lilao